This fact sheet was developed during the Community Health Improvement process. Emerging Health Issues include other important health issues that weren’t identified as a priority issue within the Community Health Improvement Plan. Link to the Community Health Improvement process located here.
- Census Bureau
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System(BRFSS)
- Iowa Department of Public Health (now IowaDepartment of Health and Human Services)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Click on the blue button titled “Injury Mortality 2016-2022” to view full injury mortality data for 2016-2020.
- 2016-2020 Five-year mortality rates of BHC,Iowa, and the US. Age adjusted rates calculated per 100,000 population.
- Click on the blue button “Emerging HealthIssues” to return to the full dashboard
The Health Equity, Nutrition, Mental Health and Trauma, and Emerging Health Issues Fact Sheets were developed in 2019 during the Community Health Improvement process.