Well Water Testing
Grants to Counties Well Water grant offers:
- Private well water testing, as funds are available, at no cost to the homeowner.
- Contaminants commonly tested for are Coliform Bacteria, Nitrates, Arsenic, Manganese, Other contaminants can be tested for upon prior approval from IDPH
- Limited homeowner reimbursement for well or cistern plugging and well reconstruction as funds are available. See G2C document.
- Monitors small public water supplies also called Transient Non-Community (TNC) Water Systems in several counties.
- Provides standards for construction of individual wells and enforcement of construction standards that protect area drinking water aquifers from contamination
Contact the Health Department for more information 319-291-2413 or email us.