November 22, 2021
14.4% = 14-Day Average Percent Positive in Black Hawk County
130 New Positive Cases since 11/19/21
Black Hawk County residents that have received at least one COVID-19vaccine as of 11/14/21 by age:
During the week of 11/8/21 – 11/14/21:
1116 individuals received their initial COVID-19 vaccine,
377 received their second dose and 2,329 received their booster or third dose.
· The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention approved the use of a single booster dose of both the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines for all individuals 18years of age and older after completion of primary vaccination with any FDA-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine. Key points about boosters include:
· NEW: Everyone 18 and over who completed their primary vaccination series with Pfizer or Moderna is eligible to receive a single booster dose 6 months following completion of their primary series.
· All Johnson and Johnson recipients should get a booster dose at least two months after their initial shot.
· Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose.
The use of a booster dose for all adults 18 and older helps to provide continued protection against COVID-19, including the serious consequences that can occur, such as hospitalization and death.
Iowans have the option for free at-home testing and may choose to pick up a test kit from a site in their community or have a kit sent to their home at no cost. Testing is encouraged before and after travel or attending large indoor events. Each test kit includes instructions on how to collect and ship the specimen. For more information and to find a location near you visit testiowa.com.
· Activated and completed test kits can be dropped off at:
Peoples Community Health Clinic, 905 Franklin Street, Waterloo.
· Tests received by 1 pm, Monday-Friday will be transported the same day to the State Hygienic Lab, with results expected within 24 hours. Tests dropped off after 1 pm on Friday, will be transported the following Monday.
· There will be no pick-up on Thanksgiving Day, November 25, and Friday, November 26. Tests can also be dropped off at any UPS location.
Find a UPS location here: https://locations.ups.com/ia/
· If you have a Test Iowa kit at home, please check and make sure the test kit includes a label for your name/date of birth to be attached to the test tube. Click here to see picture of sample label. If your kit is missing a label, you can pick one up at Peoples Clinic and activate your kit there before dropping it off.
The CDC recommends an annual flu vaccination for everyone 6 months or older with any licensed influenza vaccine. Talk with your doctor if you have questions about which vaccine is best for you. According to the CDC, you may receive the flu shot and COVID-19 vaccine during the same visit to your doctor’s office or pharmacy.