February 26, 2021
On February 25, 2021,the Governor of Iowa released a proclamation describing initiatives designed to assist Iowans, in particular those aged 65 and older. The Vaccinate Iowa website, the 211 call line staffed with Vaccine Navigators, are being implemented to support those Iowa residents that have difficulties navigating the vaccination registration process. Please see below for details regarding these initiatives as well as information regarding the Greenwood Vaccination Clinic scheduled on February 27 & 28.
As of 2/25/21, Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced the launch of a website: Vaccinate.Iowa.gov. The website is available in multiple languages and will:
· Provide information about priority populations and vaccine eligibility
· Resources available for residents age 65 and older
· Answers to frequently asked questions
Help for Older Iowans
Not everyone can navigate the technology required for vaccine scheduling. IDPH has collaborated with 211 to provide a team of vaccine navigators to schedule appointments for Iowans with technology barriers. The 211 Navigator Hotline will:
· As of today, navigators will begin calling people who have already reached out to Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging, and will assist them with scheduling appointments for vaccination.
· Beginning March 8, older Iowans with technology barriers will be able to call 211 for vaccine navigator assistance.
· The Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging is available to assist with questions about navigating online registration portals but they cannot complete the online registration. Please call 800-779-8707 or visit their website.
To learn more regarding this availability: IDPH Press Release.
GreenwoodPharmacy Vaccination Clinic
This week Greenwood Pharmacy announced that they received a large quantity of COVID-19 vaccine and that they would be having a shot clinic at Cattle Congress this weekend, February 27th and 28th. All appointments have been filled. This clinic was intended only for those aged 65 and over and is ONLY AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT. They will NOT be accepting any walk-ins and ask that only those that have scheduled appointments attend the event.
For information and updates related to COVID-19, visit www.blackhawkcovid19.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, you can subscribe to our NotifyMe tool that includes weekly COVID-19 updates.